This is by far my favourite dish to make.
And it belongs to Jamie Oliver. Thank you Jamie for sharing it with your fans!
I thought I would share it with you all, as I am absolutely certain this is something you would LOVE. It’s also easy to adjust to your dietary requirements and food intolerances.
It doesn’t take more than 30 minutes to make, and it’s typically for two people but it’s doable for 3-4 people. You just need to upsize the chicken breasts and everything else 😉
STUFF YOU WILL NEED
- Chicken breast fillets. I usually use 2-3, depending on how many people I’m cooking for.
- Rice – any kind will do
- Olive oil
- Cream. I use coconut cream due to my dairy & lactose intolerance.
- Glass of white wine. Red wine is also possible, as long you don’t add in too much.
- Finely chopped parsley
HOW THE HECK DO I MAKE THIS?!
- Grab a chopping board and a huge knife.
- Chop the leek into bits.
- Chop the parsley very finely. It’s okay if you do it half-arsed 😉
- Chop the chicken breast fillets into small bits.
- Pop the rice into the rice cooker. If you prefer to do this the old school way, then that’s cool.
- Pop the frying pan onto the stove and heat it up
- Add a dash of olive oil into the frying pan.
- Make sure the frying pan is well oiled. Like you would apply oil all over someone before giving a massage.
- Add chicken
- Add leek
- Add cream
- Add mushrooms
- Gradually add white or red wine – whatever makes your skirt fly
- Stir gently.
- Turn down the heat, and let it simmer for a bit
- While it’s simmering, squeeze some lemon into it
When it’s all ready, grab a bowl and put some rice into it and then plop the chicken & leek stroganoff on top of it…and you’re all good to go!
Here’s a timelapse video I made using the new Hyperlapse app, combined with iMovie. Just so you know I’m not a cooking ninja 😉
This recipe is also featured in Jamie’s Food Revolution – an excellent cookbook, I must say!
Enjoy and let me know how you go!